Chef / Restaurant Manager x2 | Leon’s Lodges and Restaurants
As a fast food restaurant manager, you’ll have responsibility for the financial success of your outlet, as well as managing staff, keeping customers happy and adhering to health and safety mandates.
The role has a strong hospitality element, ensuring that the restaurant delivers high-quality food and drink and good customer service. However, you’ll also undertake activities common to business managers within any sector, including overseeing:
- human resources
- Overseeing stock levels and ordering supplies
- Organise stock and equipment, order supplies and oversee building maintenance, cleanliness and security
- plan and work to budgets, maximise profits and achieve sales targets
- control takings in the restaurant and administer payrolls
- train and develop existing staff
- coordinate staff scheduling and rotas, and motivate and encourage staff to achieve targets
- ensure high standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
- ensure high standards of customer service are maintained
- implement and instill in your team company policies, procedures and ethics
- handle customer complaints and queries
- prepare reports and other performance analysis documentation
- schedules and coordinates the work of all staff to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
- approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- budget preparation and Management
- coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines
- promoting and marketing the business
- handling customer enquiries and complaints
- making improvements to the running of the business and developing the restaurant
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Full grade 12 school certificate.
- Diploma in food production or relative field.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Chef plus work experience in Café Management or in a similar role
- A current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification (Strong coaching skills
- Experience of Inventory Management and Stock control.
- Ability and desire to motivate Team
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work in teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sober character and open minded with a positive attitude.
- Must be physically fit
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Proven team player with acceptable verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]