Job classification: Part-Time Exempt (not entitled for overtime).
Job status: Temporary contract worker for 6 months and thereafter potential for new contract.
Reports to: The Independent Sales Representative will report to Sales Manager.
Responsible for: The Independent Sales Representative will be responsible to manage the sales of products and services.
Budget responsibilities: The Independent Sales Representative will have no budget responsibility.
About the job: Main purpose and scope of work: Committed to achieving sales goals with minimal supervision. Ultimately, a top-performing Independent Sales Representative should always demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills and achieve excellent customer service.
Duties and key responsibilities of Sales of Plants:
- Sourcing potential new customers (phone, email, visits).
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Developing Key Accounts (larger customers).
- Developing sales strategies.
- Maintaining a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Meeting daily, weekly and monthly sales targets.
- Maintaining product brochures, marketing material and price lists.
- Travelling to the customer’s location to talk about our product range.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Advising customers on technology upgrades and related products.
- Composing tender documents and customer proposals and quotations.
- Generating purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Attending product training courses and seminars.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Identifying revenue enhancing opportunities.
- Complying with code of conduct and policies and procedures.
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
- Performance based bonus/commission.
- Contributing to rural agroforestry in Zambia.
- Building a clean energy future.
- A passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do.
Required Qualifications / Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a similar field.
- Valid Driver’s’ License.
- Proven experience with cooperatives/SMEs and rural communities.
- Proven relevant working experience in Zambia.
- > 5 years work experience.
- Worked for 2 organizations (> 2 years’ experience with each).
- Prior experience working with donor (e.g. DFID) funded projects/programs or international exposure.
Key skill: Highly organized and strong attention to detail is essential.
Mindset state (soft skills): A passion/enthusiasm for delivering agroforestry products and services and desire to learn the various aspects of the agroforestry ecosystem (intelligent and eager to learn). Resourceful, hardworking, and honest. Professional and friendly character. Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service.
Non-Discrimination Claim: Plant A Million Zambia does not and shall not discriminate based on race, colour, faith, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
How To Apply
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]