Cafe Choconilla is Kabwe’s most recommended restaurant when it comes to a quality dining experience. The Restaurant Manager is key in ensuring all guests have a good experience. The manager is also heading the cafe’s biggest department: the Waitering team. We are now looking for an experienced new Restaurant Manager to join our dedicated team with anticipated start date: 10th June 2022.
- Heading the waitering department and bar
- Managing the restaurant’s daily operations through efficient and encouraging leadership of a young talented team.
- Monitoring our inventory management system to ensure proper cost and waste management
- To produce positive growth of sales and build long lasting customer relations
- Maintain adequate staffing levels to meet all scheduling requirements and organising new recruitment
Coaching, training and monitoring all team members to expected performance levels
- Be floor manager on busy days and ensure excellent levels of customer service during all shifts and properly handle guest complaints/concerns to facilitate repeat business
- Communicate efficiently with the directors to ensure daily operations are in line with the visions of the company and company policies
- Effectively ensuring staff welfare and avoiding high staff turnover
- Ensure smooth cooperation with Head Chef and the entire kitchen department
- Together with directors be in charge of Marketing of the cafe
- Effective complaint handling and to provide solutions to the frequent operational problems
Who are we looking for?
- A mature person with manager experience (ideally from the hospitality industry)
- You must be between 28 – 45 years old
- Work experience in supervisory roles for at least 5 years
- Education background from either hospitality management or business management or related fields
- You must have flair for using IT solutions. Cafe Choconilla prides in having the market’s more advanced IT tools for sales, accounting, inventory and staff management solutions.
- A person who naturally likes to talk to other people and check on customers’ satisfaction
- A role-model who can encourage and train a young team well with the right values.
- Organised with good time management and ability to delegate effectively.
- A goal-oriented and self-motivated person able to achieve the set goals together with management and to ensure the visions of the company are accomplished
- Our manager must have excellent communication skills in supervising staff, briefing directors and ensuring our customers always are satisfied.
Why work for Cafe Choconilla?
- As a young and ambitious restaurant with great growth potential, you will have great influence in shaping our restaurant
- Attractive working conditions and environment
- Performance bonus for good sales performance for the manager
- Enhance your personal career development goals
If you believe you are our new Manager, please send your motivated application together with your CV. Your CV must have reference contact details for previous employers / training institutions. Also include relevant academic / professional certificates. You can apply through email [email protected] or in person at the restaurant (ask for the Director)
Deadline for applications: 5th June 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend online interview or travel to Kabwe for face-to-face interview.
- Job Application Details To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]