NON-GOVERNMENTAL GENDER ORGANISATIONS’ COORDINATING COUNCIL (NGOCC)
Vacancy Publication Ref. No. IGMU/16/03/2022
The Non-governmental Gender Organisations’ Coordinating Council (NGOCC) is an umbrella network for gender focused and women led Non-Governmental and Community Based Organisations in Zambia, active in championing women’s empowerment and gender equity and equality in Zambia. In the 36 years of its existence, NGOCC has grown to be the focal point of the women’s movement in Zambia, with a total membership of 103, spread in all the 10 provinces of Zambia and covering 64 districts. In line with its mandate, NGOCC coordinates its MOs through five-year strategic plans which articulate priorities for the period as endorsed by its affiliate member Organisations. NGOCC now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the positions of: Programmes Manager.
1.0 PROGRAMMES MANAGER
The position is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the organization’s programs while building on NGOCC’s institutional memory. The Programmes Manager will lead the effort to develop and document the NGOCC strategy in order to expand the work of NGOCC to new communities and throughout the NGOCC network. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Programmes Manager will work to identify relevant technical secretariat skills and expertise and meeting new and other existing organizational partners in furtherance of NGOCC vision and mission through emphasis on efficiency and effectiveness. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Initiate, facilitate and manage NGOCC programmes delivery using participatory methodologies.
- Initiate and oversee research and policy analysis that support organizational learning by integrating new knowledge and best practices from the gender fields into NGOCC programmes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supervise all Programme Coordinators in order to work and deliver on programme results for the achievement of the NGOCC goal.
- Oversee the effective implementation of organizational monitoring and evaluation processes and other means of documenting the work of NGOCC programmes and activities including those of member organizations and provide necessary guidance.
- In liaison with Programme Coordinators, design broad framework consultant and facilitator training materials and manage consultants and facilitators working on NGOCC programs
- Prepare and submit consolidated quarterly, six monthly and annual programme narrative reports on the operations of programmes of NGOCC in close liaison with the Coordinator M & E, Research and Policy Analysis.
- In liaison with the Executive Director, manage productive partner relationships throughout the NGOCC network and other stakeholders.
- In liaison with the senior management team, contribute to resource mobilization activities for NGOCC programme implementation and institutional development.
- Minimum Education Qualification: Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration and programme related field Management. Qualification in M&E is an added advantage.
- 5-10 years diverse experience in program management and development
- 5-10 years track record of success in program safety and risk management
- Practical experience in moving programs from concept to delivery and evaluation.
- Appreciation of programming related to NGOCC and program transformation.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities
- Working gender expertise
- Excellent project management exposure and quality management processes.
- Demonstrable excellence in organizational leadership, managerial, and communication skills
- Critical analysis thinking and ability to appraise documents and review financial information.
- Ability to identify opportunities, seek new approaches and follow through
- Effective networking and negotiation skills to broker broad based relationships with stakeholders
- Positive attitude, team building and interpersonal skills
- Creativity, innovation, independence, and self-direction.
- High levels of confidentiality
- Excellent written skills and ability to write proposals.
- Excellent oral and effective presentation skills with knowledge of two other Zambian languages
All applications with relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae to be sent to the Executive Director, NGOCC, [email protected] not later than 25th March, 2022.
- Job Application Details To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]